Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dogs



“God invented dogs to give us the uncompromising love that human beings need...we in turn give them the same kind of love,” - Steny Hoyer

When I am feeling battered by the world, our dogs climb into my lap and give me so much doggie love that I forget about whatever was making me feel down. A little doggie kiss on my arm, my hand, and then they lie on my body as if I was a couch....no, a throne....and they of course reign over all. How did I ever get along without them?

Billy is a big 17 pound Pekingese with a black face and beautiful dark eyes. Strong but tenderhearted, at 3 years of age he is the baby of the pair. He grew too big to be a show dog. Now he is a lapdog and he loves it.

Pumpkin is a tiny little guy, only 9 pounds of Pekingese but at 6 years of age he is very much the boss. He tells Billy what to do, and Billy says, "Okay, whatever you say. You need the big bed because you are the big dog. That's fine, I'll sleep in the little bed. I almost fit. I think I like it that way." They welcome everyone to the house, no questions asked. Guard dogs they are not. Loved to distraction is what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment