Saturday, August 29, 2009

Clouds, clouds, clouds

I've always been fascinated by clouds. When you are up in an airplane looking down on them they look soft until you fly into them, then they are kind of scary. I'm always glad when we break through them and can see the ground again.

Around sunset, the clouds take on a life of their own. When the girls were little, going down to the outlet of the Platte River in Northern Michigan to see the sunset was something we loved to do.

First the clouds would be very colorful, then slowly they would become darker and darker until the sun finally sank beneath the horizon. Then the mosquitos would attack in force...but that is another story.

2 comments:

  1. We saw these same storm clouds here in Lower Michigan on Sunday: they were breathtaking! You got some gorgeous photos of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were not my photos, but I do not know who to credit. I got them off of the Glen Arbor site on Facebook

    ReplyDelete