Saturday, August 29, 2009

Welcome to family and friends

Hi. If you are checking out my blog for the first time....thank you for your visit and welcome you are. I am trying to keep up with this new way of connecting with the world.

At first I thought that Facebook and MySpace were mainly for kids in high school. Now I realize that people of all ages are using these sites to keep in touch with people they love, but don't have an opportunity to see very often. That is a beautiful thing.

Oh yes...I need to explain the name Dede. When I was a little girl, that was my nickname. I liked the name, never really like the name Helen. When I was in therapy trying to get my head on a bit straighter, the Dede from my past helped me fix the Helen in my present. So I am grateful to Dede. You may find that strange, but for me it is a good thing. So call me Helen, Dede, Mom, Nana, Jama, Friend, or "Faucet Eyes".....whatever you like is fine with me.

May good things happen in your life today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, aren't you the progressive and hip Grandmother blogging in current social stratasphere! Love it, but I hope you won't start tweeting now. I just don't get that minutia type blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on twitter. You seem like an interesting young lady. I see that you volunteer at a medical clinic. Are you in the medical field? I am a RN in Richmond Virginia. I also suggested my mom check out your blog. She is in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete